Sunday, March 30, 2008

My new love...



If I die and don't end up getting into Heaven then my second choice would be the Fabric Depot in Portland, Oregon. I went there for the first time yesterday and all I can say is WOW. Now I have ordered fabric online from the Fabric Depot before... and that was great (all online orders are 30% off), but that in no way compares to the adrenaline rush I got when I walked into the store. Actually it's not just a "store". It's a freakin warehouse. Full of every fabric you could dream of... every designer, every pattern. It was complete sensory overload. You know the phrase "like a kid in a candy store".... well that was me. I wanted everything. I wanted to strip down naked and dance thru the fabric. Total fabricgasm. THEN I discovered the remnant section. Tucked away in the back corner... calling me... and it did not disappoint. Remnants are great for me because I mostly make clothing for babies, and the cuts are usually a yard or under. And discounted quite a bit. I came home with some awesome fabric. Heather Bailey's Freshcuts, Michael Miller, Moda, etc etc. I am still in shock. Someone pinch me. I live about an hour away from the Fabric Depot but I think I might start visiting once a week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I can see where that would be heaven. Even for me who owns two sewing machines but can't sew worth a dang ;)

Jennee said...

i love the top fabric in your pic!

it is funny how the little things in life make us so happy!

jenny